Problems on Seating Arrangement are based on given clues regarding seating of persons in a linear or circular order. These kind of problems are very important in competitive exams and they are easy to solve. To answer these questions, read the question thoroughly and understand it clearly. Now based on the given clues draw a diagrammatical order, this will give you hundred percent correct answers. Let us do a simple example to know moew.
Example: Six persons A,B,C,D,E and F are sitting in two rows, three in each row. E is not at the end of any row D is second to the left of F. C the neighbour of E, E is sitting diagonally opposite to D. B is the neighbour of F.
1.Which of the following are sitting diagonally opposite to each other?
(a) F and C (b) D and A (c) A and C (d) A and F (e) A and B
2.Who is facing B?
(a) A (b) C (c) D (d) E (e) F
3.Which of the following are in same row?
(a)A and E (b) E and D (c) C and B (d) A and B (e) C and E
4.Which of the following are in one of the two rows?
(a) FBC (b) CEB (c) DBF (d) AEF (e) ABF
5.After interchanging seat with E, who will be the neighbours of D in the new position?
(a) C and A (b) F and B (c) only B (d) only A (e) only C
1) Other than D and C, A and F are sitting diagonally opposite to each
other,as seen in the arrangement. So the answer is (d).
2) Clearly, E is opposite to B in the other row . So ,E is facing B and the answer is (d).
3) Clearly, from amongst the given alternatives, A and E are in the same row. So the answer is (d).
4) From amongst the given alternatives, D,B and F are in the same row. So, the answer is (c).
5) Neighbours of E are A and C. So, on interchanging the seat with E, the new neighbours of D will be A and C. So the answer is (a).
Directions ( 1 - 5 ) : Study the following information to answer the given questions :
M, N, O, P, Q and R seated in a circle facing the centre. M and O are seated adjacent to each other and Q and N are also adjacent to each other. N is to the immediate left of R. There are 2 persons between P and Q. M is not seated adjacent to Q.
1) Who is to the immediate left of Q?a) O
2) How many persons are seated between R and Q if we go anti clock wise from R to Q?a) 1
Directions ( 3 - 5 ) : Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their seating positions in the above arrangement and so form a group.
3) Which is the one that does not belong to the group?a) OR
Answers :1) a) O.
Directions ( 6 - 10 ) : Study the following information to answer the given questions :
Q, R, S, T, U and V are seated in a straight line facing North. S is second to the right of T and T is second to the right of Q. R is to the left of Q and is second to the left of V.
6) If S : T and T : Q , then U : ?a) T
7) What is Q's position with respect to S?a) Second to left
8) How many persons are seated between T and V?a) 1
9) Which of the following represents persons seated at the two extremes?a) SQ
10) Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their seating positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?a) UT
Answers :6) d) V. S is second to the right of T, T is second to the right of Q in the same way U is second to the right of V.
You can reach us at:
Important Points in Indian Banking
Must remember banking important points for all competitive exams.
Banks and their Headquarters
All nationalized and public sector banks headquarters.
Banks and their Tag Lines
All nationalized banks with their tag lines.
Classification of Computers based on their size and ability.
Group II Materials
Group II preperation plan
Telangana Charitra for TSPSC Group II Exams.